Friday, September 16, 2011

Pandan snow skin moon cake

This entry came almost a month late but it's better late than never, right? Due to some commitments earlier, I'm not able to test the moon cake try-out session on time, so just after the charity run at Taiping then only I able to start my moon cake project ^_^ Before this, I always have the impression that making mooncake is something that involves very complicated steps. After doing some searching I have finally found some basic recipe for first-timer like me to try out!


I tried moulding the mooncakes but it was not as easy as I thought. I couldn't achieve a smooth surface, the snow skin looked all cracked and and dry. I think that is because the way I mixed and kneaded the dough. I should knead it longer so that I can get a very smooth skin. Somehow, my moonies skin was very thick which I should make it thinner instead.

I made 15pcs moonies from this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment