Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Blood Donation

This is my first donation, it’s something I had wanted to do for a long time. First things first, I filled out a form with my personal particulars and health information.



After that, I have to check if i have sufficient iron. Yes! sufficient !!! Blood type is AB.

Next step, I had my blood pressure test and I was a little nervous at first.... see the pulse record. 100 !!! dub dab dub dab

Once I was seated on a high chair, the lady come and checked my right arm for the initial poke of a needle into my artery.

The tube was coloured in red and I had to squeeze continuously so that the blood would be drawn more quickly.

The bag at the side slowly filling up with my blood...

350 millilitres of blood was drawn from me. In addition they also took away three or four test tubes of blood to conduct tests.

Finally, I had give away my blood! The process was pretty quick.

I also got Milo, packet drink, bread and biscuits, some pamphlet and a card informing me of the next safe date when I can give blood again.

See ! Certificate for me ;)

I feel light-headed and a little bit dizzy so i decided to take a rest and get some massage here... ;)


Give blood! Save a life!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for donating your blood!:) I feel faint everytime I thought of going!:S

    ReplyDelete