Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mini Fruit Tarts with whipped cream filling

It's been quite sometime since my last baked. I love anything with fruits topping! So, I give it a try for this time. I love fruit tarts! Do You ?

Ingredients for sweet crust pastry :
225g plain flour
100g butter
70-80g icing sugar
1 egg
whipping cream for filling
Fruits for topping - Dragon fruit, Kiwi, Grape & Peach
Method to prepare the pastry :
1. Combine flour, sugar, butter and egg in a food processor. Mix and blend until a smooth dough is formed.
2. Put into plastic bag and wrapped in cling film. Chill in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
3. After chilled, roll out pastry on a lightly floured table top.
4. Cut out circles to fit tart mould, then carefully line the greased mould with the pastry.
5. Press and trim the edges.
6. Prick the base with a fork.
Method to bake a pastry:
1. Bake the tarts at 180-200c for about 10-13mins. Remove from the oven to cool.
2. Add a little whipping cream for the tart filling and decorate your tarts with the fruits as topping.


Happy Baking !

4 comments:

  1. wahhhh... this is soo easy yet pretty and must be delicious... wait my oven sudah repair will make this... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: I don't understand the no.5.. which 1 is that.. (tq ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cath.... I do some amendment on the method... actually then one I skipped it. I straight away bake the pastry after fit into the tart mould. Sorry for the confusing info... hehe

    ReplyDelete