Friday, June 24, 2011

Crispy Deep Fried sotong

I got off early today after done of my job at client's office. Weee~~~ TGIF!!! It was perfect! Drop by to mini market nearby house to buy something for our dinner tonight. HmmMmmm... got no idea what gotto cook actually..

"What's for dinner? I'm so hungry!!

Finally, I settled for the squid as one of our dish for tonite.

Another popular way of eating is just simply deep frying it and that's the way I always loves it. Crispy and with just the right amount of batter.



4 large squids
1 egg
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
vegetable oil for deep frying

1. Wash the squid and remove the tentacles. Clean out the inside of the squid and pull out any remaining intestines and the hard membrane. Cut out the squid's beak and eyes. This can be a bit squishy but it's easier just to but below the eyes. Cut the squid into 1cm rings and half the tentacles.
2. Prepare the other ingredients in a bowl. Toss the squid in the flour mixture and set it aside.
3. Heat the oil for deep frying. The oil has to be really hot to get the squid to be crispy. You'll have to cook it really fast in the hot oil. Cook until is is golden and crispy.



Dear Sister, dun curi makan my timun again.... This is happened when I suddenly noticed my plate decoration look weird which there's just left 3 slices of timun instead of 4! Big mouse in da house...lolx :P

Happy Weekend to everyone! Have a Happy and Fun Weekend yea :))

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...looks really crispy and delicious! Have a great weekend too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeannie :)) So glad that u always drop me a comment here... I love to see ur blog too! Happy Blogging n Happy Weekend yea

    ReplyDelete